Since a lot of you are asking for a working guide concerning Epic Games release, these are the steps to correctly install mods downloaded from mudrunner.net on your Epic Games game version.
Please follow the instructions exactly as described below:
== This works on Spintires MudRunner in Epic Games Store version only (For a regular guide, https://mudrunner.net/how-to-install/) ==
• Download and extract archive containing your selected MudRunner MOD (for this example I’m using one of these cars);
• The most important thing now is to check the internal structure of the zip. If you see something like “00 – Copy to game folder” or something like this, then it will not work as it is. But don’t worry, we’ll get there.
• Go inside this folder until you see the internal structure like this:
• Now open a different explorer window and go to your game location. You need to create a new folder on your game location to copy the extracted mod files.
• On your game folder, you should also see Config.xml file:
• Edit Config.xml file with the text editor to add an extra line pointing to your new folder “Media” or any other name of your choice.
• Save the file and you should be good to go!
If these few steps were difficult to understand, or for some reason it still does not work for you, you can watch a step by step video. In this video, even more simple method is used – you can simply add your extracted mod files to existing zip file, that is already included by default. Here is how it goes:
== Video tutorial how to install mudrunner mods on epic games ==
Hope this helps!